The approved negotiated items for school year 2019-20 include:
- Increase the base level salary schedule by $1,800.
- Certified employees will advance one level on the salary schedule.
In addition, certified employees who qualify under Utah State Board of Education R277-927 will receive Teacher and Student Success Act funds:
- 25% to the certified salary schedule
- 15% one time bonus (roughly $285 gross)
- 60% for three additional teacher professional development days on the calendar at the full rate of pay. The employee must attend professional development days to receive the additional funds.
Non-monetary items include:
- Advanced Degree Leave--Three days that are approved for advanced degrees can also be used for taking Praxis tests and visits to USBE pertaining to certification or credentialing.
- The elementary supply lists will be approved by each principal. Cleaning wipes, hand sanitizer and cleaning chemicals will be provided by the school district. All lists must contain specific language from Utah State Code. All elementary supply lists will be available on the district and school websites for public view.
Insurance benefits will be determined by the insurance committee.
The negotiated agreement was signed May 14 by Tooele Education Association President, Dr. Rick Harrison, and Tooele County School District Superintendent, Dr. Scott Rogers.