Each month I will share a lesson within the classroom to help our Superstars Shine here at SPES and in the future. Below are the topics that I will address each month and the ideas presented for each:
August- Counselor Introduction
● I know who the counselor is.
● I know where counselor’s room is.
● I know how to ask my teacher to see the counselor.
● I know the three things that the counselor must tell to keep me safe.
September- Community and Relationships
● I know what my role in my school community is.
● I know how to become a member of my classroom community.
● I know how to be a friend to my peers.
● I know how to have positive relationships within my classroom and school
● I know the definition of respect.
● I know how to show respect to my peers and my teachers.
● I know how to respect others’ space and personal belongings.
● I know how to promote respect in my classroom and my school.
November- Learner Mindset
● I know how to be a life-long learner.
● I know that I can try new things.
● I know that I will learn from my mistakes.
● I know how to focus on my own results and not compare myself to my peers.
● I know how to put myself in someone else’s shoes.
● I know how to recognize someone else’s feelings.
● I know when to offer my help to someone.
● I know how to share the feelings of others.
● I know I will keep trying when something is hard.
● I know how to bounce back when something doesn’t go my way.
● I know how to work through hard learning challenges.
● I know how to take a mindful moment and refocus when I need to.
February- Conflict Resolution
● I know how to solve problems with my peers.
● I know how to tell someone I disagree with respect.
● I know how to express my feelings using "I statements".
● I know how to compromise with others when we disagree on something.
March- College and Career Awareness
● I know the importance of 1,2,4 or more.
● I know what I do in Elementary School will affect my future.
● I know the relationship between college and career.
● I know that there are many careers and possibilities available to me.
April- Goal Setting
● I know how to create a SMART goal for myself.
● I know how to use a Learner Mindset when obstacles get in my way.
● I know how to make short and long term goals for myself.
● I know I can achieve my goals I set for myself.
May- Review & Celebrate the Year